If you're a birder, you'll know what a life list is. It's basically a list of all the bird species one has observed and positively ID'd in one's lifetime. This blog is a record of my "critter" life list (mostly of birds), including photos I've taken over the years, some of the actual lifer if I was lucky enough to get the shot. Don't expect National Geographic quality stuff here, just the work of an amateur photog who loves to trudge out into nature.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Granite Spiny Lizard (Sceloporus orcutti)

Thanks to Gary Nafis at www.californiaherps.com, I was able to ID this guy as a Granite Spiny Lizard. He (not Gary) was basking on the redwood deck in our back patio - I guess a good alternative hangout to large granite outcroppings - go figure.





LIFE LIST NOTES:

COMMON NAME: Granite Spiny Lizard

SPECIESSceloporus orcutti

FAMILY: Phyrnosomatidae

LIFE LIST DATE4/24/2016

LOCATION: La Cresta, Murrieta, SW Riverside County, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment